Matthew is a dedicated and seasoned civil litigator. He has a great deal of experience trying cases throughout all phases of litigation in both state and federal court.
Matthew earned his bachelor's degree from the University of Michigan. As a student, his work in his community taught him the importance of advocacy for those who need a voice and who may not be otherwise heard. It was the lessons he learned at Michigan that led him to the practice of law.
While earning his law degree from Valparaiso University School of Law, Matthew focused intensively on advocacy as a member of the International Moot Court Society. His interest in international law led him to spend time in England learning about their system of law which forms the basis of the American legal system. He also gained valuable experience in business and contract law.
After law school, Matthew moved to Atlanta and served as a personal injury litigator. His peers instantly recognized his preparation, passion for justice, and unwavering commitment to advocacy. Matthew's success in obtaining favorable verdicts for his clients is attributable to his committed and tenacious litigation strategies.
Since then, Matthew moved to Northwest Florida. His practice is focused on real estate law, business and commercial law, contract drafting and disputes, condominium and homeowner association law, construction law, and personal injury. He is licensed to practice in Florida and Georgia.
When he is not practicing law, Matthew enjoys spending time at the beach, on the golf course, or watching his favorite sports team - the Michigan Wolverines. Go Blue! Matthew is married to Megan who is an attorney in Santa Rosa Beach.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Business Law
- Commercial Law
- Condominium & Homeowner Association Law
- Construction Law
- Contract Law
- Personal Injury Law
- Real Estate Law
- Florida, 2020
- Georgia, 2014
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2020
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana
- Juris Doctorate - 2014
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- B.A. - 2010
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Business Law Section of The Florida Bar, Member, Present
- Real Property Probate & Trust Section of The Florida Bar, Member, Present
- Trial Lawyer Section of The Florida Bar, Member, Present
- Young Lawyer Section of The Florida Bar, Member, Present
- The State Bar of Georgia, Member, Present
- The Florida Bar, Member, Present
- Scholle Law, Attorney, 2016 to 2019
- The Law Offices of R. Michael Coker, Attorney, 2016 to 2016
- Asbury Legal, Attorney, 2015 to 2015